Propane Tank SizesPROPANE SERVICES
What Size Propane Tank Do You Need?
Collett Propane maintains a diversified tank inventory ready to install today! Depending on your unique requirements and preferences, your propane tank can vary in tank size, location, and whether it is above ground or underground.
Steps To Determine Sizing
When determining the appropriate size, we will work with you to determine the following:
- Size of your home or business.
- How many propane appliances will run off propane.
- Your preferred location of the propane tank at your home or business. Note: Your preferred location needs to be at most 100 feet off the end of your driveway or parking lot. Also, your specific desired location will be checked by our service team to make sure it is allowable and within local codes and regulations.
- Whether you prefer an above ground or underground tank. > LEARN MORE
- Whether the tank is leased or purchased. > LEARN MORE
Using this, and any other information you provide, our service team will help determine the best tank for you! Learn more about specific tank sizes and common uses in our > SIZING CHEAT SHEET
Common Tank Sizes
Above ground propane tanks come in many common sizes. The tank is installed on leveling blocks and the only typical disturbance to your property is the trenching from your tank to your structure. Although completely visible, above ground tanks can be shielded from view with landscaping and strategic tank placement. The installation process is usually faster compared to an underground tank.
Underground propane tanks also have many size options and are primary known for their discreet appearance, since the only visible part of the final product is a tank shroud. The installation process requires excavating a hole for the tank to be placed in, hook-up, backfilling and final ground repair.